If you make a mistake in game and lose an item it will NOT be replaced by staff. Losing items is part of the game! Make sure you bless and insure all your important items or store them safely in your bank/house.
Many players each day, page the staff and complain about "losing" items. We DO NOT replace player items that just "disappear" Our server reports/logs all items that are removed or "lost".
The fact is that out of the dozens of reports, 99% of the missing items were found or were lost due to human error.
Common Reasons for lost Items
Before you make a report to a gm, please check this list
Here are some of the common reasons I have seen for "lost" items in my investigations:
1. Misplaced the item, it turns up in another bag, bank or at your house. The item may be same color as another and blends in, or it may be under another item.
2. The item lost durability and was not repaired, it then "disappears" when it breaks
3. If you fight a monster that uses an acid attack, you may lose durability/item so beware!
4. Players can steal from you in Felucca!
5. Guildmates and Alliances can steal from each other anywhere
6. Some boss monsters can "eat" or unbond your pets, read the wiki for info!
7. You must feed your pets or they can go wild and be "lost" If you are missing a pet, check the stables, use [getpet and look at your control slot count. Also ask yourself did you bond your pet?
8. Lack of money to pay for the auto insurance
9. Overweight backpack causes items to drop out of your pack. This commonly happens when you are killed and your bag of holding dumps out to your main pack
10. Looted by a player or by certain monsters, they can "rummage through your pack" and steal items
11. Forgot to lock down/secure an item or chest in your house
12. Players stand around afk and get killed/looted
13. Did you drop your item into your trashbag?
14. Was your item cursed, it can be looted!
15. Did an item disappear due to a crash or revert? Sorry we cannot replace items if we had to revert back to an earlier save. If you get disconnected/crash, pets are usually found in the stable
16. Does anyone else have access to your acct? Does anyone else have access to your house? Many times a girlfriend, roomate, sibling etc took the item if your acct is not secure
17. If you "lend" an item to another player and they dont log back in, there is nothing a GM can do.
18. Do not leave your character AFK, even in a safe zone, accidents and pk can happen
19. The gold ledger is a complicated script and has room for error upon instances of death, insurance and vendors. Only use one gold ledger! Only use one loot bag! If you try to use multiple items you may confuse/glitch the script
20. Add gold to your vendors, if they run out, they will leave and steal all your items
21. Many artifacts are scripted to be not repairable and with low durability so when it hits zero durability it will break/disapear. This is normal and intended.
22. If you lost a piece of deco in your house, you probably remodeled recently. During customization the items are stored in your moving crate on the house sign gump, you will find them there.
23. If you die in game and do not return to your body in time, the items will decay and disappear
24. Do not store any custom items on keys. The keys were made for standard items only and not for custom items. If you add a custom item to a key, it may lose it's properties or get it stuck in the key. (do not use the fill from pack command on the keys, it will suck in the custom items)
25. If you are AFK and mounted, players can get dismounted and your pet may go wild. If you are going to stay logged in AFK in a public area you should always shrink your pets to avoid losing your mount.
26. If you use a UORazor/UOSteam/AssistUO auto dress macro you may lose items. That is a third-party piece of software and you are using player-made scripts. Beware those macros may have flaws! Use at your own risk!
We will no longer replace any items for any reason
Since the population has now become so large, and many of the player base is attempting to take advantage of the staff, we must revise the "Lost Item" policy. In the past we have tried to be flexible and replace some items in rare cases, that seemed to have some merit. In the past 8 years of investigating "lost" items, the results of every investigation has been player error. Recently we have been flooded with false claims of lost items, multiple claims to each staff member and just plain lies about how the items disappeared. We will no longer investigate items lost by players Reporting a Lost Item We no longer investigate lost items. In 8 years it is always 100% player error and has never been a server issue.
If you feel there is a legitimate error, send me some additional info and procedure for lost item claims:
I lost my item! Is it a bug?
We investigate all the reports we get that include enough info to do so! Unfortunately many reports do not contain nearly enough info for us to pursue.
If you have lost an item your FIRST action should be to read the wiki at Lost Items or [wiki in game and navigating to Rules>Lost Items
In general we do not replace any lost items
Help us help you!
Know the Serials of your pieces. Every item on the server has a unique Serial number. With wearable items you can find this by placing all your items on a your UOSteam Dress Agent: while wearing the items go to Steam/ Agents/Dress. Create a NEW Dress-1 > Import. The number next to each item beginning with 0x-------- is the Serial. You can write this down, screenshot it or trust UOSteam will save it for you. Repeat this process with any additional suits or items you use- such as crafting suits.
If an item is not wearable and you want to note it's identifier go to Macros> Choose the "Object Inspector" button on the bottom center left. Target the item: Note the Serial in the window that pops up. Good things to note the serials of are, keys and other non-blessed valuables that you carry.